Cobham Aviation Services is the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Their portfolio of services includes: aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country's exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government; and closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects. The Regional Services division is a leading player in the FIFO market with a modified fleet of gravel-kitted jet aircraft capable of reaching the most remote locations in Australia.
Reporting directly to divisional Managing Director with a dotted line to the Director of Safety, the Safety & Compliance Manager - Regional Services will lead a small team of safety professionals to provide support and guidance on all matters of safety, risk and compliance. Holding safety as a core value, you will actively contribute to an injury and incident free environment, while leading investigations, audits, training, reporting and all safety systems. You will use your high-level communication skills, coupled with your excellent technical report writing skills to lead the way in all aspects of safety and compliance.
Critical responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all elements of the SMS are understood and function effectively and the BU maintains a healthy safety culture, meeting all safety KPIs;
- Manage the relationship with CASA;
- Ensure that all safety governance processes, reviews and meetings are effective forums, well-supported with timely and accurate information;
- Represent the BU to authorities and agencies as directed by the BU Managing Director
- Conduct Risk Assessments and Safety Cases to support tenders, projects and daily operations;
- Monitor risks and changes for the BU; and
- Provide briefing on safety and compliance risk as regular agenda item at BU weekly management meetings and monthly Safety Review Meetings.
The successful candidate will be assertive and proactive, maintaining professional working relationships with internal stakeholders, customers and service providers. To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to demonstrate previous experience in safety or risk management with proven application and experience with safety management systems. Your experience in the audit and assessment of processes supporting the engineering and maintenance of assets / capital equipment is critical for this position.
Essential Capabilities & experience:
- Assessment of engineering and maintenance of assets / capital equipment;
- Experience leading safety teams; and
- Experienced Safety & Compliance Manager with experience in the AVIATION sector.
If your experience is commensurate with the ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES described above, please call Mathew Newman on 0407 798 228 for a confidential discussion.