The Mid North Coast Local Health District (MNCLHD) extends from Port Macquarie in the south to Coffs Harbour in the north, along the picturesque and popular coastal strip of NSW, and serves a population of 215,000. It operates across seven hospital sites and ten Community Health Centres, with a budget of c$600m. It has a strong and established executive team, which has led significant recent and ongoing investment across the MNCLHD. It is financially robust, with excellent performance outcomes across its main clinical services, and enjoys strong relationships with its numerous stakeholders and partners.
The MNCLHD hospitals are split across 2 clinical networks: Hastings Macleay Clinical Network based from Port Macquarie; and the Coffs Clinical Network based from Coffs Harbour. Due to the expansion of these health services and the commitment to continually deliver world class standards of care for their communities, MNCLHD is now seeking to appoint a Network Director of Medical Services to each of these growing and complex clinical networks. In these roles, you will:
- Work as a key member of the leadership team and provide strategic clinical and operational leadership across the network and across all medical disciplines;
- Model and foster a patient centred approach to care with a focus on the total patient experience, ensuring service delivery across the network is based on global best practice and reflects the highest standards;
- Lead medical and clinical workforce management and continue to build the culture of collaboration and excellence, during an exciting period of growth, investment, redevelopment and change;
- Lead all aspects of safety, quality, clinical standards, performance and accreditation;
- Manage a variety of stakeholders including academic and research partners, community groups, NSW Health and the MNCLHD Executive and Board.
For both roles, we are seeking an influential medical leader with a track record of driving change across a complex hospital or health service. The person will be a Fellow of RACMA or on the pathway to Fellowship. Alternatively, we will consider medical leaders from other specialities. The person will demonstrate significant achievement across a broad spectrum of areas including: clinical operations, strategic planning and delivery, workforce management, clinical governance and patient safety. Outstanding leadership, communication and engagement skills are critical, as is the ability to influence multiple and diverse stakeholders.
These roles represent unique and exciting opportunities to help shape the vision of, and ultimately deliver, world class healthcare across this thriving and growing community. They also offer the successful individuals the prospect of living in the beautiful and picturesque Mid North Coastal region of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for.
Professionally, there is also the flexibility to balance these roles with other activities such as research and teaching across local academic centres, or clinical practice, depending upon individual aspirations and preferences.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves; we encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or to request an information pack, please call Rob Macmillan on 02 9091 3266 or email email@example.com quoting reference 24933. Closing date for applications is 19th April.