We are seeking an influential hospital or health service leader with a track record of driving organisational change across a diverse portfolio of public health services. We are seeking someone who can demonstrate significant achievement across a broad spectrum of areas including clinical operations, integrated care, workforce management, governance and patient safety. You will possess natural leadership and supervisory abilities and a passion for sharing your knowledge and skills with your team.
The MNCLHD extends from Port Macquarie in the south to Coffs Harbour in the north, along the picturesque and popular coastal strip of NSW, and serves a population of 215,000. It has a workforce of 4,300 across seven hospital sites and ten Community Health Centres, and a budget of $600m. With District offices in Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour, it has a strong and established executive team, which has led significant recent investment across the MNCLHD. It is financially robust, with excellent performance outcomes across its main clinical services, and enjoys strong relationships with its numerous stakeholders and partners including the local PHN, academic and research partners, neighbouring health Districts and the wider community.
The General Manager Port Macquarie Base Hospital / Coordinator Hastings Macleay Clinical Network will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Hastings Macleay Services across a spectrum of Hospital and Community Health settings including the management of Port Macquarie Base Hospital.
The General Manager will ensure that the clinical operational management structures are implemented in a unified basis throughout the Hastings Macleay Clinical Network through the development and support of clinical networks. The General Manager will also be responsible for the clinical operating expenditure budget in accordance with Health Service policies, ensuring the maintenance of high quality clinical services.
Applying for this Role
You are requested to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Describe which leadership role has been the most complex in your career, what were the challenges and what demonstrated that you left the organisation in "a better place"?
- Give an example of a time where you have effectively managed resources to maximise business outcomes. What was the outcome?
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $226,367 to $248,858 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please click here to download a copy of the Executive Brief. For more information please contact Zoya Salah at email@example.com or call Rob Macmillan, Partner - Health, Derwent Search on 02 9091 3266 quoting reference #25665.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: Sunday 25th August 2019 (11:59pm).