Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 6
Remuneration: $164,767 - $180,263 pa
Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: REQ202233
Applications Close: 15 December 2020
About the role
Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) delivers health care across an area of 44,000 square kilometres, from Goulburn and Crookwell to the Victorian border and surrounds the ACT on three sides. It extends from the beaches of the NSW South Coast, the farmlands of the Southern Tablelands, across the Great Dividing Range and the Snowy Mountains. SNSWLHD serves a permanent population of 207,000 and is also responsible for providing sustainable healthcare to the 5 million tourists who visit the area annually. It has an annual budget of $460m, employs 3,000 staff and delivers healthcare services across more than 20 facilities. SNSWLHD is led by the recently appointed Chief Executive, Ms Margaret Bennett, and her leadership team and they are now implementing a major restructuring of the organisation which has resulted in the need to appoint a GM to lead the Tablelands Network, one of three networks within SNSWLHD.
This is a critical role and one which requires outstanding clinical and operational leadership of the Goulburn Hospital and associated hospitals and health services at Yass and Crookwell. The GM will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the $150m redevelopment of the Goulburn Hospital. As a key leader in the LHD, the GM provides significant input to the development and oversight of strategic and business plans, policy development, business and clinical service strategies and relationship management.
For further information, please Click here to watch a short video presented by Margaret Bennett about the region, the networks, the role and what you can expect in terms of support and development if successfully appointed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate significant achievement across a broad spectrum of areas including clinical operations, strategic planning and delivery, workforce management, clinical governance, and patient safety. The person will display outstanding leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders. First class engagement skills across all levels of the medical, nursing, and allied health professions as well as across the broad patient community is also a critical aspect of this role.
This represents a unique and exciting opportunity to help shape the vision of, and ultimately deliver, world class healthcare across this thriving and growing community. It also offers the successful individual the prospect of living in the picturesque south coast region of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for.
You'll be an authentic leader who achieves outstanding results with your people and can bring the values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment into everything you do. You will challenge the status quo, focus on outcomes and consult extensively to engage stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and significant senior health management experience in a range of settings and contexts.
- Demonstrated capability in managing and meeting performance targets and budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical management practice and contemporary clinical issues including capacity to promote, implement and monitor healthcare quality and safety improvement principles and practices.
- Demonstrated capability in building a positive workplace culture whilst leading and managing a multi-disciplinary senior management team.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing positively to a team environment where mutual success is dependent on collaboration, information sharing and shared accountability.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills including strong negotiation and consultation capabilities.
- Demonstrated capability in promoting and leading innovation and service development initiatives.
- Evidence of a current unrestricted drivers' licence and the ability to maintain. Ability and willingness to drive/travel as the role requires. This may involve driving long distances and overnight stays.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see http://www.immi.gov.au/
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Rob Macmillian, Partner Health at Derwent Search on 02 9091 3226 or email Southern@DerwentSearch.com.au