General Manager Southern Illawarra Hospital Group
Executive Band 1
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- Key executive position responsible for over 886 staff and a budget of $110 million
- New $700 million hospital on a greenfield site in 5 years
- Beautiful coastal location with excellent salary package and conditions
About the role
The Southern Illawarra Hospital Group (SIHG) provides health services from Shellharbour and Port Kembla Hospitals within the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD). The General Manager is responsible for the operational, financial and clinical performance of the SIHG and will lead District wide strategic improvement initiatives such as the bed optimisation program. This is an exciting time to join ISLHD and provide high level strategic leadership through a period of significant change and growth as the development of the new hospital commences.
For further information, download the role description.
You're an authentic leader who achieves outstanding results with your people and can bring the values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment into everything you do. You will challenge the status quo, focus on outcomes and consult extensively to engage stakeholders. You will see the bigger picture and look ahead to see what influence you can have on achieving ISLHD's vision of excellent services, quality partnerships, healthy communities.
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Describe your executive management experience and outline for us your track record of achievement in leading a large health organisation operating in a complex service delivery environment and Leading high-performing, multi-functional and multi-disciplinary teams. How have you improved clinical and financial performance whilst enhancing culture in one of your previous organisations?
- Describe your experience leading a whole of system improvement program engaging and influencing key internal and external stakeholders (within budget)
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary and postgraduate qualifications and demonstrated experience at senior executive level
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $208,519 to $231,573 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please contact Rob Macmillan, Derwent Search, on 0421 593 535 should you have any additional questions about the role.
Please click here to apply for the advert through the Health Career Portal (search by job reference number REQ197741).
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: 22 November 2020 (11.59pm)