- Help drive the mission of this Values-based, Not-for-profit Aged Care organisation
- High-profile strategic and operational leadership role
- Competitive salary package with relocation assistance if required
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) (SCC) is a not-for-profit organisation with a vision firmly focused on enabling older people to live life to the full. SCC delivers integrated services across Residential Aged Care, Retirement Communities, and In-Home Services. They have established an outstanding reputation over the past 50 years for providing the highest standards of care and placing our customers and their families at the centre of support and care-based decisions.
SCC provides services to over 3,500 customers across 60 locations, employing 2,200 staff and with annual revenue of around $170 million p.a.
SCC are seeking to appoint of a commercially focused General Manager of Operations to partner with the CEO and executive leadership team. In this collaborative and customer-focused culture, you will:
- Provide leadership to service delivery operations and teams within the streams of Residential Care, Home Care and Retirement Living, ensuring the provision of high-quality care to residents and clients;
- Drive and monitor operational performance to ensure budgeted outcomes and compliance with Aged Care Quality Standards and related legislation;
- Develop and implement strategic and operational plans, collaborating with the CEO and executive leadership team;
- Provide support and advice to the CEO, Executive and Board relating to strategy, performance, risk, compliance and other key strategic and operational matters;
- Ensure risks are monitored and managed and effective controls and systems are in place, working closely with the quality & clinical governance and risk functions;
- Attract, develop and retain operational leaders; foster a culture of support and collaboration within the operations team of 2,000 and across the broader organisation;
- Ensure a safe and productive working environment for SCC staff.
To succeed in this role, you'll be an experienced aged care operations leader with a track record of success in a complex aged care setting. Your background may be as an operations leader of a significant scale organisation; alternatively, you may be a CEO or COO of a smaller aged care organisation and looking to elevate your skills within a larger organisation. You will be a critical thinker, with advanced problem-solving abilities and a pragmatic, values-driven approach. You'll demonstrate strong leadership, resilience and transformation credentials and proven success in leading robust, safe, professional operations functions which deliver outstanding levels of care and sustainable commercial outcomes. You'll thrive in an environment of change and relish the opportunity to contribute to the development of this values-based organisation which truly impacts the communities it serves.
To request further information or to apply, please email Rob Macmillan, Partner - Health, Derwent Search or Zoya Salah at SCC@derwentsearch.com.au quoting reference #26713. Thank you if you applied for this role previously; there is no need to reapply.