The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) extends south of Sydney, about 250km along this picturesque coastal strip, and provides world class health care to its community of more than 390,000 residents. ISLHD is one of the region's largest employers with a workforce of more than 7,300 across eight hospital sites and more than 60 community health services, and an annual budget of approximately $1 billion. ISLHD has built an experienced executive leadership team and is now seeking an outstanding Executive Director, Medical Services and Clinical Governance, to join this team and help lead the delivery of world class health care services.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Executive Director, Medical Services and Clinical Governance will:
- Provide leadership of the ISLHD medical workforce and all aspects of clinical governance;
- Lead the creation and implementation of world class clinical governance and patient safety strategies in partnership with the Executive Director Nursing, Midwifery & Clinical Governance;
- Work closely with, and advise, the Executive and the Board on all professional medical workforce issues;
- Forge collegial relationships across a variety of stakeholders including academic and research partners, community groups, NSW Health and the ISLHD Executive and Board;
- Model and foster a patient centred approach to care with a focus on the total patient experience, ensuring service delivery across the District is based on global best practice and reflects the highest standards;
- Lead medical and clinical workforce management and continue to build the culture of collaboration and excellence, during an exciting period of growth, investment, redevelopment and change;
- Foster a responsive, future focused and contemporary culture which supports all staff to deliver true excellence.
We are seeking an experienced medical leader who has ideally held an EDMS / DMS (or potentially deputy role) within a comparable health service and who has a track record of leading and driving successful transformation. The person may hold a RACMA Fellowship, we equally value Fellowship from another College. Critical to the person's success will be their proven track record of leading medical workforce and clinical governance teams and initiatives within a complex hospital or health service. The person will demonstrate strong communication and engagement skills and a track record of successfully forging powerful relationships with medical staff, the executive team and the broader clinical community.
Professionally, ISLHD offers the flexibility to balance this role with other activities such as research and teaching with the Wollongong University School of Medicine, or clinical practice, depending upon individual aspirations and preferences.
This represents an exciting opportunity to support world class healthcare across this thriving and growing community. It also offers the prospect of living in the beautiful and picturesque South Coast of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For a confidential discussion, to review the role description or to apply, please call Rob Macmillan on 02 9091 3266 or email email@example.com quoting reference 26012.
Closing date: Sunday 27th October