- Rare opportunity to lead and shape the future direction of one of the world's most respected aeromedical services.
NSW Ambulance is one of the largest and most modern ambulance services in the world and is recognised as a global leader in its field. It is a division of NSW Health and provides emergency and non-emergency clinical care, retrieval, and specialist patient transport services to a population of over 8 million, delivered by its 6,000 staff through 250 locations across metropolitan and regional NSW.
Aeromedical Operations is a core service delivery directorate of NSW Ambulance and provides specialist coordination, response, treatment and multi-modal transport for pre-hospital incidents, medical retrievals, long distance medical transports, search and rescues and major incidents. It utilises both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft with a state-wide fleet of 12 helicopters and 5 fixed wing aircraft and transports c10,000 patients per year. It is recognised internationally as a world class organisation and a beacon of thought leadership in the sector.
NSW Ambulance is now seeking an exceptional Executive Director to lead the Aeromedical Operations and further elevate the delivery of world class healthcare and retrieval services. In this high profile, strategic role reporting to the Chief Executive, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership and clinical management and direction to the NSW Ambulance Aeromedical Operations Directorate and the NSW Health Emergency Management Unit;
- Develop and implement innovative, evidence based and contemporary work practices which drive the delivery of world class aeromedical, retrieval and emergency management services;
- Undertake State Retrieval Consultant duties as required;
- Manage the maintenance, performance and review of contracts relevant to aeromedical operations including assurance that procedures are in place to monitor, report and manage the day to day contractual compliance of external contractors;
- Ensure processes are in place to develop, monitor, analyse, report and make recommendations about the overall performance of the Directorate including activity, resource utilisation, resource performance, clinical appropriateness, patient safety and budget implications;
- Ensure appropriate staff management process are in place to foster a healthy workplace;
- Forge strong relationships across the organisation, particularly with the Director, Medical Services as well as with a variety of external stakeholders including other state-wide, national, and international emergency services, NSW Ministry of Health, local health districts and other associated agencies.
We are seeking an accomplished aeromedical / health service executive leader with a track record of driving successful change across a substantial and complex health service or aeromedical operation. You'll possess medical qualifications that are registrable with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Agency and meet all requirements for appointment as a Senior Staff Specialist in accordance with the Staff Specialist (State) Award. You'll also ideally hold critical care qualifications recognised by Australasian Medical Colleges. You'll demonstrate proven strategic management skills and the capacity to lead the development and implementation of complex and innovative strategies and workforce improvements designed to address key organisational challenges. Outstanding leadership, communication and engagement skills are critical, as is the ability to influence multiple and diverse stakeholders.
This role represents a unique and exciting opportunity to help transform the future of NSW Ambulance and ultimately deliver world class healthcare to the communities served.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves; we encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or to request an information pack, please call Rob Macmillan, Partner - Health or Zoya Salah at Derwent Search on 02 9091 3226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 27535. Closing date for applications is Sunday 18th October.