- Unique opportunity to lead strategic growth and transformation across NSW Health Pathology.
- Help deliver world class customer care to customers, patients and stakeholders.
NSW Health Pathology is part of NSW Health and provides state-wide pathology services across the NSW Health and Justice systems. It employs c4,500 staff, has 60 laboratories and 200 collection centres across NSW, performs over 61 million tests per year and has an annual budget of over $600m. NSW Health Pathology has recently undergone structural reorganisation which has involved the creation of a new operating model designed to create closer, more responsive relationships with customers and better support the needs of metropolitan, regional and rural services. Through visionary thinking, innovative service models and the delivery of world class customer care, they are shaping the way the sector and their partners and stakeholders operate and ultimately improving outcomes for patients and customers.
NSW Health Pathology are now seeking an outstanding Director of Strategy and Transformation. Reporting to the CE and as a key member of the executive leadership team, the person will:
- Oversee strategy development within the organisation and deliver transformational change across all areas including state-wide clinical streams, capital planning, performance management and business growth;
- Lead the NSW Health Pathology commissioning and contestability program, ensuring the organisation delivers the highest levels of sustainable patient and customer service within a rigorous financial and governance environment;
- Develop innovative ways of harnessing current and emerging technologies to elevate the capability and efficiency of NSW Health Pathology;
- Work closely with various stakeholders including the NSW Health Pathology Board, NSW Ministry of Health, local health districts, academic and research partners and government agencies, improving engagement and identifying opportunities for increased partnership and growth;
- Foster a culture of collaboration and excellence across the organisation;
- Ensure that all activities across NSW Health Pathology are aligned to the values of NSW Health.
We are seeking an accomplished individual with a blend of commercial, strategy, transformation and operational experience, most likely gained from the health sector. Knowledge and experience of creating and delivering strategic growth and transformation is essential. The person's background may have been from within a large corporate environment; equally we will consider individuals who have driven transformation projects for clients from within the professional services or consultancy sectors. The person will demonstrate outstanding communication and influencing skills, strong servant leadership abilities and a natural relationship building style. We welcome applications equally from non-medically qualified or medically qualified candidates.
This represents an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to work alongside a highly respected CEO and executive team, during a time of transformation.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To request an Executive Brief, please email Zoya Salah or Rob Macmillan at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 26126.
Applying for this Role
You are requested to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Describe where you have led a significant and complex strategic transformation project. What were the key challenges and how did you measure success?
- How did you manage the various stakeholders when leading this transformation?
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and extensive proven operational experience at a senior management level in a large and complex organisation engaged in service delivery including effective strategy development and change management skills.
- Demonstrated application of knowledge and expertise in health service delivery and capacity to lead and build organisational capability and responsiveness, steer and implement change and deal with uncertainty, in the development and implementation of major health reforms.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service Senior Executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $229,065 - $252,119 with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Applications from medically qualified candidates are open for consideration and a salary package aligned to the Staff Specialist (State) Award / Senior Staff Specialist will be negotiated as applicable.