NSW Ambulance is one of the largest and most modern ambulance services in the world and is recognised as a global leader in its field. It is a division of NSW Health and provides emergency and non-emergency clinical care, retrieval and specialist patient transport services to a population of over 7 million, delivered by its 4,500 staff through 300 locations across metropolitan and regional NSW. Through its fleet of 1,500 road based vehicles, helicopter operations, fixed wing aircraft, off-road vehicles, snowmobiles and other bespoke rescue options, NSW Ambulance provides comprehensive rapid response services across a diverse range of scenarios and geographical locations. It is a highly complex, geographically distributed organisation with significant multi-stakeholder involvement across its operations, both centrally and locally. The workforce is highly committed, valued and respected and underpins the success of the organisation.
The Director Information and Digital Services reports to the Executive Director Finance and Corporate Services, and leads a small direct and much larger matrix structured team. In this intellectually challenging role, you will:
- Lead the NSW Ambulance delivery model for ICT services which includes delivering secure, scalable and robust digital / ICT systems, platforms and services;
- Work closely with eHealth NSW, the technology partner of NSW Ministry of Health which provides statewide leadership on the shape, delivery and management of ICT-led healthcare.
- Implement the joint ICT strategy as agreed by NSW Ambulance and eHealth NSW to support safe, efficient and connected health care to the people of NSW;
- Advise the executive leadership team on ICT matters and the strategic direction of ICT and eHealth initiatives;
- Build strong relationships across a variety of key stakeholders including eHealth NSW (as principal service provider), NSW Ministry of Health, local health districts, associated agencies and a range of ICT industry partners;
- Develop long term strategies and programs to improve the operational efficiency of ICT, through the adoption of global best practice methodologies;
- Foster a responsive, future focused and contemporary culture which supports staff to deliver true excellence in patient care.
To succeed in this role, you'll be a contemporary technology leader and outstanding relationship manager with significant experience managing ICT strategies within large, complex organisations which have a strong customer service focus. You'll possess impressive credentials managing complex stakeholders including outsourced ICT partners and vendors. Your experience may have been gained within a government or public sector agency; alternatively, we will consider private sector experience in which case you'll demonstrate experience of interfacing with government stakeholders or partners in some capacity within your recent career. Critical to your success will be your ability to lead, motivate and inspire your team to be the very best, within a highly challenging and demanding environment.
NSW Ambulance values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service Senior Executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $202,040 to $225,094 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applying for this Role
When applying, please briefly address the following 2 areas in your cover letter:
- Describe an example of where you have led the creation of a significant strategic outsourced ICT partnership which successfully delivered outstanding customer service.
- Give an example of where you have forged stakeholder relationships, ideally with a government perspective, which have been critical to the successful delivery of a strategic ICT project.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent industry experience as part of a senior management team in a substantial and complex organisation engaged in service delivery.
Please click here to download a copy of the candidate information pack. To apply or request additional information, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner-Health, Derwent or Tara Pospelyj at NSWAMBULANCE@derwentsearch.com.au quoting reference #26645.
Closing date: Sunday 8th March (11:59pm).