Chief Operating Officer
Health Infrastructure, NSW Health
Executive Band 2 (Ongoing)
- Senior executive leadership role reporting direct to Chief Executive
- Lead a large, complex portfolio and dynamic, integrated multi-disciplinary team
- We are supportive of flexible working arrangements and regional NSW locations
The Chief Operating Officer will drive change and innovation in the business model of Health Infrastructure. This key leadership role will manage a team of eight direct reports for the efficient operations of all business enabling functions. The Chief Operating Officer will optimise performance and reputation in the delivery of sustainable infrastructure and asset support services. With a financial oversight of the organisation's capital expenditure of $2 billion per year, this role has an organisational operating budget of approximately $55 million to manage related teams and drive strategic change to achieve organisational objectives. The role will improve operational effectiveness and requires an approach that fosters innovation and challenges the status quo whilst remaining actively involved and accountable for results.
For further information, download the role description.
Health Infrastructure was established in 2007 as the capital delivery agency of NSW Health, for projects over $10 million. Today, Health Infrastructure plans and delivers sustainable and innovative infrastructure and asset management solutions to meet the health care needs of NSW communities now and into the future. We are leading the largest health capital works program in Australia, collaborating with NSW Health districts and agencies, government more broadly and industry to transform public health facilities across NSW. In doing so, we contribute long term economic and social benefits to NSW communities.
Our people are united by our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. We behave with integrity, treat others how we would like to be treated and are trusted advisors to our partners in the Local Health Districts and Networks across NSW. We pride ourselves on our positive organisational culture and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce.
We are diverse and inclusive
Health Infrastructure is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation or disability. If you require specific arrangements or need any additional support during the application process, please let us know.
We know that flexibility works. It helps us develop effective, committed and high-performing teams and enables us all to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a resume no more than five pages, a cover letter which clearly addresses the Essential Requirements below, and your response to the three targeted questions (maximum 300 words per response).
- Explain how you believe your background and expertise will bring value to this diverse role.
- Detail how you have led implementation of strategy and change across an organisation.
- Describe your leadership style and your experience operating in a senior executive team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in the Infrastructure sector and in delivering a complex infrastructure program.
- Executive strategic management experience across a wide portfolio of business areas.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in strategic planning and leading business change and improvement.
This is an ongoing full time, Band 2, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Should you have any additional questions about the role, please contact Jason Scoble, Partner Derwent, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to apply for the advert through the Health Career Portal (search by job reference number REQ201663
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health
Applications close: Sunday 13th December 2020 (11.59pm)