- High-profile strategic finance and commercial leadership role
- Unique opportunity to help our customers discover their potential
Established in 1967 as one of the world's first social enterprises, New Horizons has evolved to become a comprehensive provider of support services to enhance wellbeing. Areas of specialism include disability, mental health, aged care, indigenous support, homelessness intervention, youth services and justice support. New Horizons has established an outstanding reputation over the past 50 years for providing the highest standards of support, by placing customers and their families at the centre of care-based decisions. They support over 4,000 customers across NSW, employ over 1,300 staff in 9 locations and have a revenue budget in excess of $100m. Following the recent appointment of their new CEO, the organisation is embarking upon the next stage of its growth and development. This has created the new role of Chief Of Finance & Commercial Operations which will partner with the CEO and work closely with the executive leadership team.
In this collaborative and customer-focused culture, you will:
- Provide support and advice to the CEO, Executive and Board relating to financial and commercial strategy, performance, risk, compliance, capital and other key strategic and operational matters;
- Work closely with the CEO and Board on all commercial, financial and growth initiatives including M&A;
- Provide oversight for all financial functions including Financial Control, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Commercial Operations (factory operations, call centre, digital);
- Manage existing commercial operations and develop new commercial ventures, ensuring alignment with New Horizons' growth strategy;
- Manage New Horizons' Digital Front Door services, ensuring customer and staff experience is maximised;
- Promote innovation and best practice around financial governance and compliance, ensuring alignment with all regulatory requirements;
- Lead, coach and develop the finance and commercial operations team, fostering a culture of support, collaboration and innovation within the team, and across the broader organisation;
- Build supportive and collaborative relationships with peers on the executive leadership team and across the wider sector.
To succeed in this role, you will be a senior financial and commercial executive leader with experience gained from a large, complex, commercially focused organisation and ideally also experience of human services within a related health / aged care / disability setting. You will demonstrate the flexibility to thrive within a large, possibly multinational organisation, coupled with the transformation agility required within a mid-sized and growing business. You will demonstrate strong financial credentials such as CA or CPA and proven success in leading robust, finance and commercial operations functions which support the overall objectives of the business. A natural leader, you will relish an environment of change and the opportunity to contribute to the development of this values-based organisation which truly impacts the communities it serves.
To request further information or to apply, please email Rob Macmillan, Partner - Health, Derwent Search or Zoya Salah at email@example.com quoting reference 27725.