- Coveted opportunity to lead this remote health service and shape and deliver next generation models of care
- Become part of a friendly and geographically dispersed community and create world class healthcare outcomes
Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) delivers health care to a population of over 30,000, dispersed across the second largest geographic area (194,949 square kilometres) of all the LHDs in NSW. It operates 10 hospital and community health facilities and partners with a diverse range of stakeholders including the local PHN, Royal Flying Doctor Service, numerous Aboriginal health services and community groups. FWLHD has an annual budget of $121m and employs 700 FTE. It is shaping a fresh era of rural and remote healthcare characterised by visionary thinking, innovative models of care and contemporary partnerships.
Due to the retirement of their current CE, FWLHD is now seeking an outstanding executive leader to take the organisation on the next stage of its development. Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will:
- Provide inspirational leadership to the community, the organisation and its staff, ensuring FWLHD delivers its strategy within agreed budgets;
- Foster a collaborative culture centred around patient safety and the delivery of the highest quality of care;
- Lead and inspire an established team of nursing, medical, allied health and operations professionals, ensuring the workforce is aligned to the strategic direction of the health service;
- Ensure that all activities across the organisation are aligned to the values of NSW Health;
- Work closely with various stakeholders including FWLHD Board, NSW Ministry of Health, RFDS, academic and research partners, NGOs, community groups and government agencies to create sustainable patient outcomes.
We are seeking an experienced hospital and health service executive leader with a track record of driving change across a network of hospitals, ideally but not necessarily, within a regional or rural setting. You may currently hold a CE role; we equally value applications from executive leaders looking to step up to their first CE position. Critical to your success will be your ability to translate your experience into the context of FWLHD and shape the future direction of the organisation. You will demonstrate the capacity to work collaboratively across a complex organisational landscape and inspire your teams to set new standards in patient care. Natural communication, leadership and supervisory abilities are critical, as is a passion for sharing knowledge and skills.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For a confidential conversation, please contact Rob Macmillan or Rebecca Schwarz on 02 9091 3266. To request an Executive Brief and for details about how to apply, please email Zoya Salah on email@example.com quoting reference 26091.