- Be the primary link and facilitator between Councillors and the organisation.
- Lead the organisation to achieve favourable community outcomes through the oversight of financial and physical resources.
- Translate Council's vision into high level strategic and operational plans.
Frankston City is located on the eastern shores of Port Phillip Bay approximately 40 kilometres south of Melbourne CBD. The municipality covers an area of about 131 square kilometres and has a population of over 140,000.
Frankston City Council has a vision to become the Lifestyle Capital of Victoria, and holds true to its internal Corporate Values; Kinder, Smarter and Fairer.
The CEO is responsible for:
- Leading and managing the organisation and its employees by modelling Council's Corporate Values and communicating a clear organisational vision.
- Providing strategic organisational direction to Council and employees.
- Managing a positive public perception of Council and the organisation.
- Communicating, consulting and engaging with the community regarding Council issues and decisions.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to facilitate Council to achieve the key priorities listed in its Council Plan 2017-2021.
- Advocating to all levels of government for outcomes that improve the lifestyle and health and wellbeing of Frankston City residents.
The successful applicant will develop and implement strategies to ensure long term organisational sustainability and the delivery of key priorities, as well as strengthening Council's relationships with all sectors of the local community.
You are an expert at building positive relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including all levels of government, through your exceptional knowledge and political astuteness.
You are a proven CEO or Senior Leader ready to take the next step, having demonstrated extensive senior management experience within a large, complex customer-focused organisation - preferably in the Government or commerce sectors.
You are a courageous leader with a track record of cultivating positive work environments and fostering a high-performance culture, with the ability to inspire and develop a harmonious, cohesive and empowered workforce built on innovation and collaboration.
To be successful in this role you will also have a high and balanced IQ and EQ, enabling you to communicate, influence, engage and present with and to a range of audiences.
Professional/Tertiary qualifications in one or more relevant fields are highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read the position description available here
- Click APPLY NOW at the bottom of this page and then upload a current CV and cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) to our website, outlining your experience, skills and capabilities, telling us what makes you the best person for the job.
CLOSING DATE: Midday, Friday 2nd August
NOTE: For a confidential discussion, call Tom Mutch on (03) 9691 1333.