- Outstanding opportunity to lead this regional health service and shape and deliver next generation models of care.
- Based in picturesque Southern NSW.
Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) delivers health care across an area of 44,534 square kilometres, from Goulburn and Crookwell to the Victorian border and surrounds the ACT on three sides. It extends from the beaches of the NSW South Coast, the farmlands of the Southern Tablelands, across the Great Dividing Range and the Snowy Mountains. SNSWLHD serves a permanent population of 207,000 and is also responsible for providing sustainable healthcare to the 4 million tourists who visit the area annually. It has an annual budget of $433m, employs 3,000 staff and delivers healthcare services across more than 20 facilities.
SNSWLHD is now seeking an outstanding executive leader to take the organisation on the next stage of its development. Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will:
- Provide inspirational leadership to the community, the organisation and its staff, ensuring SNSWLHD delivers its strategy within agreed budgets;
- Model a patient centred approach to care with a focus on safety and the total patient experience, ensuring service delivery across the District is based on global best practice and reflects the highest standards;
- Lead and inspire an established team of nursing, medical, allied health and operations professionals, ensuring the workforce is aligned to the strategic direction of the health service;
- Foster a responsive, future focused and contemporary culture which supports all staff to deliver true excellence.
- Drive financial performance and outcomes in an increasingly budget constrained environment;
- Ensure that all activities across the organisation are aligned to the values of NSW Health;
- Work closely with various stakeholders including SNSWLHD Board, NSW Ministry of Health, PHN, academic and research partners, NGOs, Aboriginal health services and community groups.
We are seeking an experienced hospital and health service executive leader with a track record of transformation across a significant scale hospital network or health service, either metropolitan or regional. You may currently hold a CE role; we equally value applications from executive leaders with experience across complex health systems who are looking to step up to their first CE position. You will demonstrate the capacity to work collaboratively across a multi-faceted organisational landscape and inspire your teams to set new standards in patient care. Critical to your success will be your strong communication and engagement skills and your track record of successfully forging powerful relationships with staff, stakeholders and the broader community.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For a confidential conversation, please contact Rob Macmillan or Zoya Salah at Derwent Search on 02 9091 3266. To request an Executive Brief and for details about how to apply, please email Zoya Salah on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 26154.
Applying for this Role
You are requested to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Describe where you have led a significant and complex health service transformation. What were the key challenges and how did you measure success?
- How did you manage the various stakeholders when leading this transformation?
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong record of achievement in management at executive level in a significant and geographically dispersed organisation delivering health, human capital or other complex services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the health sector, in particular administration of the public health system.
- Strong record in leading financial and performance outcomes in constrained budget environments.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 3, Health Service Senior Executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $346,972 - $393,079 with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications close: Tuesday 12th November