Director of Medical Services
Coffs Clinical Network
Mid North Coast Local Health District, NSW
Based: Coffs Harbour
The Mid North Coast Local Health District (MNCLHD) extends from Port Macquarie in the south to Coffs Harbour in the north, along the picturesque and popular coastal strip of NSW, and serves a population of 215,000. It operates across seven hospital sites and ten Community Health Centres, has a workforce of 4,300 and a budget of c$740m. It has a strong and established executive team, which has led significant recent and ongoing investment across the MNCLHD. It is financially robust, with excellent performance outcomes across its main clinical services, and enjoys strong relationships with its numerous stakeholders and partners.
The MNCLHD hospitals are split across two clinical networks: Hastings Macleay Clinical Network based from Port Macquarie; and the Coffs Clinical Network based from Coffs Harbour. MNCLHD is now seeking to appoint a new Director of Medical Services for the Coffs Clinical Network, responsible for hospitals at Coffs Harbour, Bellingen, Macksville and Dorrigo and a range of community health services. This is a critical leadership opportunity, supported by a newly created, full time Deputy DMS. In this role, you will:
- Work as a key member of the leadership team and provide strategic clinical and operational leadership across the network and across all medical disciplines;
- Model and foster a patient centred approach to care with a focus on the total patient experience, ensuring service delivery across the network is based on global best practice;
- Lead medical and clinical workforce management and continue to build the culture of collaboration and excellence, during an exciting period of growth, investment, redevelopment and change;
- Be the operational executive report for pharmacy, medical records and patient services for Coffs Harbour Health Campus and other medically aligned services as required;
- Manage expenditure within budgets for all medical and related services;
- Collaborate in a range of research activities and projects with the MNCLHD Research and Knowledge Translation Directorate;
- Lead all aspects of safety, quality, clinical standards, governance, performance and accreditation.
We are seeking an influential medical leader with a track record of driving change across a complex hospital or health service. The person may be a Fellow of RACMA or on the pathway to Fellowship. We will also consider medical leaders from other specialities. The person will demonstrate significant achievement across a broad spectrum of areas including: clinical operations, strategic planning and delivery, workforce management, clinical governance and patient safety. Outstanding leadership, communication and engagement skills are critical, as is the ability to influence multiple and diverse stakeholders.
This role represents a unique and exciting opportunity to help shape the vision of, and ultimately deliver, world class healthcare across this thriving and growing community. It also offers the successful individual the prospect of living in the beautiful and picturesque Coffs Harbour region of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for. There is also the flexibility to balance these roles with other professional activities.
You can find out more information about the Mid North Coast Local Health District here.
How to apply: For further information and to download the Candidate Information Pack which includes the Role Description and how to apply, please CLICK HERE. For a confidential discussion, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner Health at Derwent Search or Shannon Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02 9091 3266.
Closing date: Wednesday, 10th August
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
COVID-19 vaccination is now a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health employees. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status upon joining to support this recruitment process.