Head of Asset Management & Engineering (Health & Education)
- High-profile strategic leadership role to support the delivery of world class hospital / health and education services across Australia
- Competitive salary package
- National role; location flexible
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and New Zealand Stock Exchange. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities. It has a strong focus on Urban Services – Transport, Facilities and Asset Services – and helps its customers deal with population growth and urbanisation pressures.
The Health and Education (H&E) portfolio is part of Downer’s Facilities and Asset Services Group and partners with organisations across Australia and New Zealand. With a portfolio including some of Australia’s largest and highest profile hospitals, tertiary institutions and schools, you will share responsibility for the sustainable delivery of 12 Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) as well as other long-term facility management contracts. H&E delivers the full range of services in these industries including Asset and Facilities Management, Catering, Cleaning, Sustainability Services, Security, Electronic Solutions and Utility Support Services. Facilities within Downer’s portfolio include Royal Adelaide Hospital, Bendigo, Sunshine Coast, Orange, Bathurst and Royal Children’s Hospitals as well as Southbank TAFE, Australian National and Melbourne Universities plus a range of schools across NSW, VIC, SA and WA.
Downer is committed to strategic asset management solutions that create, grow and sustain value of health and education assets across the country. Downer’s objectives in asset management are to provide safe, high quality, innovative, efficient, effective, sustainable and data driven asset management systems and approaches that meet health and education system needs. The Head of Asset Management and Engineering, Health & Education is accountable for driving results through strong partnerships, collaborative leadership and commercial understanding. Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Health & Education, this role leads a national team and within the role will:
- Drive the sustainable delivery of the asset management strategy across the Health & Education portfolio of contracts including Public Private Partnerships (PPPs).
- Lead, inspire and grow the capability of the asset management workforce.
- Ensure location-based teams are skilled and equipped to deliver long term and sustainable asset management performance, elevate the capability of our asset management and operational teams and ensure all asset management responsibilities are appropriately acquitted.
- Utilise data driven decision making to maximise the realisation of asset value while optimising safety, risk, performance and cost.
- Ensure continuous improvement is a cultural mindset enabling the status quo to be challenged.
- Ensure governance, compliance and risk management structures are robust and optimised.
- Work closely with clients and the state (where applicable), to ensure the team delivers on current initiatives as well as developing innovative solutions for future growth.
- Foster a collaborative culture centred around the delivery of service excellence and asset management confidence.
We are seeking an inspirational and strategically focused asset management professional who can demonstrate a track record of leading significant asset management service improvements across a large, complex and multi-stakeholder environment. This person will possess highly adept communication skills, be comfortable operating at the most senior level and working with a diverse range of partners and stakeholders including government.
For further information and to apply for this role
To request a copy of the Candidate Information Pack which includes details about the organisation, the role and how to apply, please email email@example.com quoting reference number 29573. For a highly confidential discussion about this opportunity, please call Mathew Newman, Partner on 0407 798 228.