Coordinator General, Regional Health, NSW Ministry of Health
Regional Health Division
Executive Band 2
- Exciting, newly created role
- Unique opportunity to impact the health outcomes for NSW regional communities
NSW Health is the largest health care system in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. The Regional Health Division for NSW Health was established in April 2022 to support NSW Government’s commitment to regional health issues. The Coordinator General, Regional Health will lead this newly created division and team and provide executive level advice to the Minister for Regional Health, Health Secretary and Ministry Executives about matters relating to health in regional communities. Through the provision of high-level strategic leadership oversight and key representation of the Division of Regional Health within the Ministry of Health, the role oversees the effective research, analysis, identification and collation of issues of the health services and social services in regional areas and coordinates the responses across Ministry of Health, Pillars, state-wide services and Local Health Districts.
Reporting directly to the Secretary NSW Health, The Coordinator General, Regional Health will:
- Shape the Division’s strategic framework to clearly align direction and purpose with the Department’s commitment to NSW Government’s election commitments and response to the recommendations of the NSW Rural Health Inquiry, collaborating with relevant teams in the Ministry and Pillars to drive organisational change;
- Lead, support and coordinate the development of a Regional Health Plan that is consistent with Future Health strategic objectives and aligns with NSW Government priorities for regional communities;
- Provide dedicated and executive level advocacy as the system wide contact point for common issues across the regional health environment, including matters of long-term concern such as workforce attraction and retention, cross-border issues, quality and resilience of local service partners, and communication and engagement with key stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities to enhance local access to health and other social services that support quality health outcomes;
- Drive the integration of health, social and economic data, business intelligence tools and stakeholder feedback to better understand key drivers of health disparities in regional communities and support continuous improvement in service quality and patient experience;
- Support the implementation of strategies, priorities and measures for improving the quality and sustainability of, and access to, health and social services (e.g. aged care, disability, housing, employment) in those areas;
- Promote innovative and integrated approaches to the delivery of world class health services across all regional areas.
This is an ongoing, full time, Senior Executive Band 2 role. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
We are seeking an experienced executive leader with a track record of delivering exceptional outcomes within a large and complex healthcare system, ideally with a regional focus. The capacity to work collaboratively across a complex organisational and stakeholder landscape is essential. Natural communication, leadership and supervisory abilities are critical.
For further information and to download the Candidate Information Pack which includes the Role Description and how to apply, please CLICK HERE. To discuss further, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner at Derwent Search or Shannon Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02 9091 3266.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications close: Sunday 15th May 2022