Director Nursing, Midwifery and Clinical Governance - HSSE Band 1
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
Based Wollongong area
- High profile executive leadership role, reporting to the Chief Executive
- Outstanding opportunity to impact this geographically dispersed health service and the communities served
- Beautiful coastal location south of Sydney
About the role
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) extends south of Sydney, about 250km along this picturesque coastal strip, and provides world class health care to its community of more than 400,000 residents. ISLHD is one of the region’s largest employers with a workforce of more than 7,300 across eight hospital sites and more than 60 community health services, and an annual budget of approximately $1 billion. ISLHD has an experienced and established executive and leadership team and a commitment to delivering the very best health outcomes for the communities served. ISLHD is now seeking an outstanding Director Nursing, Midwifery and Clinical Governance (DNMCG). Reporting to the CE, the DNMCG will:
- Provide strategic and operational support to the CE, the executive team and the Board;
- Provide inspirational leadership to the nursing and midwifery professions within ISLHD and ensure that professional standards are exceeded at all levels;
- Shape and deliver innovative workforce planning and people management strategies which attract, develop and retain the highest calibre staff;
- Work in partnership with the DMS to ensure ISLHD clinical governance frameworks are aligned to the strategic plan and deliver world class, safe, quality patient care;
- Provide input to the development of strategic and business plans, policy development and clinical services strategies;
- Deliver patient centred solutions within an environment of changing workforce models, digitalisation and disruption;
- Foster a responsive, contemporary culture which supports education, research and professional development and ultimately the delivery of world class patient care;
- Work closely with the ISLHD executive leadership team, NSW Ministry of Health, other LHDs, Aboriginal and community groups, local government and a diverse range of other stakeholders;
- Ensure that all activities across the organisation are aligned to the values of NSW Health.
We are ideally seeking an experienced hospital and health service clinical leader with a track record of success across a significant scale hospital network or health service. You may currently hold a DON / EDON / DNMCG or equivalent role; we equally value applications from clinical leaders with experience across complex health systems who are looking to step up to their first district wide DNMCG role. You will demonstrate the capacity to work collaboratively across a multi-disciplined organisational landscape and inspire and energise your teams to set new standards in patient care. You’ll possess strong strategic skills and be passionate about healthcare and its impact on the community. Critical to your success will be your strong communication and engagement skills and your passion for shaping and elevating the nursing and midwifery professions.
For further information and to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role which includes the Role Description and how to apply, please CLICK HERE. To discuss further, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner at Derwent Search or Shannon Bird at email@example.com or call on 02 9091 3266.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications close: Sunday 3rd April 2022