Chief Executive, Cancer Institute NSW & Chief Cancer Officer NSW
Executive Band 2
Cancer Institute NSW
- Rare executive opportunity to lead Australia’s first state-wide cancer control agency
- Build true collaboration across this multi-stakeholder environment and positively impact the health outcomes of the community
The Cancer Institute NSW is Australia’s first state-wide cancer control agency, established to lessen the impact of cancer in NSW. The Institute supports and promotes best practice to ensure people across the state are provided with the same high quality treatment and care vital to optimising the outcomes and quality of life for people diagnosed with cancer. Driven by the purpose and objectives of the NSW Cancer Plan, the Institute continuously works to reduce the incidence of cancer; increase the survival rate for people with cancer; improve the quality of life of people living with cancer and provide a source of expertise on cancer control for the government, health service providers, medical researchers and the general community. The Institute is one of the five pillar organisations in NSW Health. It operates with a budget of $177m and a staff of c300. Due to internal changes, it is now seeking its next Chief Executive / Chief Cancer Officer. In this high profile and impactful role, the CE will:
- Provide pivotal and strategic leadership, direction and management of the Institute;
- Set the strategic and operational focus of the organisation and oversee and direct the Government’s investment in cancer research funding efforts and cancer control programs and activities within NSW;
- Lead the development, implementation and continuing delivery and service improvement of prevention, screening, clinical services, research, data and information and related cancer programs in NSW;
- Provide sound governance to ensure the Institute fulfils its statutory operating and reporting requirements and meets its obligations within an agreed budget and which meet specified performance standards and strategic objectives expressed in the Cancer Institute NSW (2003) Act;
- Provide expert advice to the Minister and Board, acting as a key advisor to Government on strategic cancer control issues and delivering expert, accurate and specialist professional advice on contemporary trends and developments, issues and strategies in cancer control;
- Foster the coordination and integration of research and clinical initiatives across NSW to cultivate effective partnerships between cancer control entities in NSW and relevant interstate, national and international organisations.
We are seeking an experienced Chief Executive or executive leader with a track record of delivering exceptional outcomes within a large and complex healthcare system. The person will be clinically experienced with current registration (or eligibility to register) as a health practitioner in Australia, and demonstrate deep subject matter expertise around cancer control, both at a national and international level. The capacity to work collaboratively across a complex organisational and stakeholder landscape is essential. Natural communication, leadership and supervisory abilities are critical, as is a passion for sharing knowledge and skills.
For further information and to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role which includes the Role Description and how to apply, please CLICK HERE. To discuss further, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner at Derwent Search or Shannon Bird at email@example.com or call on 02 9091 3266.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 2, Health Service Senior Executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $298,155 to $333,600 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
COVID-19 vaccination is now a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health employees. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status upon joining to support this recruitment process.
Applications close: Sunday 6th March 2022