About Northern Health
Northern Health is the major provider of acute, maternity, sub-acute and specialist services in Melbourne’s rapidly growing outer northern suburbs with projected growth the biggest in the state. The Northern Health catchment includes three of the state’s six growth areas: Hume, Whittlesea and Mitchell. The swift development of new suburbs in the north will see the population grow by 17% (69,000 people) in the next three years alone, and by over 45% (more than 228,000 people) by 2031.
Services are provided through four main campuses: Northern Hospital Epping, Broadmeadows Hospital, Bundoora Centre and Craigieburn Centre.
Northern’s emergency department treats over 110,000 patients each year, cares for over 94,000 patients admitted to hospital, and assists with the delivery of over 3,500 babies each year. The organisation has over 5,900 dedicated professional staff and has annual revenue turnover of over $700 million.
With a booming, culturally rich and diverse community, and less than an hour’s drive from the CBD, Melbourne’s North is fast becoming the place to be.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Chief Financial Officer, Deputy Chief Financial Officer or Director of Finance. Reporting to the Chief Executive and as a key member of the executive team, the Chief Financial Officer will:
• Deliver effective strategies to manage financial performance, monitoring, reporting and analysis;
• Demonstrate effective budget development, control and forecasting;
• Provide support and advice to the Executive and Board relating to financial strategy, performance, risk, capital expenditure, strategic sourcing and other key strategic and operational matters;
• Forge strong, collegial relationships at the executive level, across the broader organisation and sector, sharing best practice and contributing to the broader organisational goals;
• Provide inspirational leadership to direct team of 4 and a broader Directorate of 57 and;
• Provide expert financial operational advice to key clients including the Chief Executive.
The selection criteria for this role are as follows:
• Executive health / suitable other experience working with Boards, Executive staff and a broad range of partners and stakeholders in large and complex organisations.
• Senior level financial management expertise, including taxation, legal compliance, and reporting.
• Proven stakeholder relationship management
• Proven knowledge of contracts, asset management and procurement.
To succeed in this role, you’ll be a contemporary executive finance leader, healthcare or broader public sector, CA or CPA, with significant experience managing financial strategies within large, complex organisations. Your experience may have been gained within a government or public sector agency; alternatively, we will consider private sector experience, in which case you’ll have interfaced with government funders, stakeholders or partners in some capacity within your recent career. Critical to your success will be your ability to lead, motivate and inspire your team to be the very best, within a highly challenging and evolving environment.
Why work at the Northern Health?
Northern Health offers a range of benefits to support and reward staff both personally and professionally, which includes:
• Health and Wellbeing programs, including their ‘Thrive’ program;
• Flexibility in the workplace and extra leave options and support;
• An inclusive and culturally safe space;
• State of the art facilities and campus partnerships;
• A commitment to ongoing professional development through their ‘Learning Labs’;
• Access to salary packaging, EAP and their online library.
For a copy of the Candidate Briefing Document, which includes details on how to apply, please CLICK HERE. For further information, please contact Catherine Reidy (+61 435 285 344) at Derwent Search or email email@example.com
Please send a resume and a brief application letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Candidate Briefing Document by the due date. Applications close: Monday, 21st February 2022.
Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community they serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.
All employees of Northern Health must comply with the health service’s Staff Health / Workforce Immunisation procedure (as amended from time to time) together with any relevant State Government and Departmental directives. This requires all employees to be vaccinated for various diseases such as, but not limited to influenza and Covid-19.
Chief Financial Officer
|Job Title:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Reidy|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2022 16:50|
About Northern Health