High profile strategic leadership role, based Canberra
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is a world class tertiary health care organisation which delivers a range of high quality, patient centred services for patients and consumers across the ACT and surrounding Southern NSW region. Services are delivered through a range of health facilities and networks including Canberra Hospital, University of Canberra Hospital, Walk-in Centres and Community Health Centres. CHS has strong academic and research partnerships with the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University and is one of the largest employers in the region, with a workforce of c8,000. CHS is now seeking an outstanding Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO). Reporting to the recently appointed CEO, Dave Peffer, the DCEO will:
- Support the CEO in directorate responsibilities across Government;
- Provide high level advice on strategic and policy matters to the CEO and Ministers;
- Lead the development and implementation of the CHS strategic plan and ensure delivery of strategic priorities in collaboration with the senior executive team and broader organisation;
- Provide leadership for CHS and deliver organisation-wide strategic projects;
- Work in close collaboration with the COO to ensure CHS service delivery aligns with strategic priorities;
- Ensure the patient is at the centre of organisational decision making;
- Forge collegial relationships across a variety of stakeholders including ACT Health, academic and research partners, community groups, private hospitals, primary health and other health services;
- Foster a responsive, future focused and contemporary culture which supports all staff to deliver true excellence.
We are ideally seeking an experienced health service executive leader with a track record of successful transformation across a significant scale hospital network or health service. You may currently hold a COO / Deputy CE or equivalent role; we equally value applications from executive leaders with experience across complex government or health systems who are looking to step up to this role. You will demonstrate the capacity to work collaboratively across a complex organisational landscape and inspire your teams to set the highest standards in patient care. You’ll possess deep financial skills and commercial acumen and be passionate about healthcare and its impact on the community. Critical to your success will be your strong engagement abilities and your track record of successfully forging powerful relationships with staff, stakeholders, and the broader community.
This represents an exciting opportunity to support world class healthcare across this thriving community. It also offers the prospect of living in the beautiful and picturesque ACT region and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for.
The position attracts a remuneration package ranging from $369,749 - $385,954 depending on current superannuation arrangements of the successful applicant. This includes a cash component of $324,098.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are particularly encouraged to apply.
To download a copy of the Candidate Information Pack which includes details about the organisation, the role, and how to apply, CLICK HERE. To discuss further, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner at Derwent Search at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02 9091 3266.
Applications close: Sunday 20th February 2022.