Director of Clinical Operations – HSSE Band 1
Far West Local Health District
Broken Hill, NSW
• Coveted executive opportunity to impact this remote health service and shape and deliver next generation models of care
• Become part of a friendly and geographically dispersed community and create world class healthcare outcomes
Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) delivers health care to a population of over 30,000, dispersed across the second largest geographic area (194,949 square kilometres) of all the LHDs in NSW. It operates 10 hospital and community health facilities and partners with a diverse range of stakeholders including the local PHN, Royal Flying Doctor Service, numerous Aboriginal health services and community groups. FWLHD has an annual budget of $134m and employs 768 FTE. It is shaping a fresh era of rural and remote healthcare characterised by visionary thinking, innovative models of care and contemporary partnerships.
As part of an executive level redesign, FWLHD is now seeking an outstanding executive leader to help take the organisation on the next stage of its development. Reporting to the CE and leading a large and dispersed team, the Director of Clinical Operations will:
• Lead, direct and manage the clinical operations of the FWLHD across a broad spectrum of health service settings to ensure the delivery of high quality and safe care;
• Shape the development and oversight of strategic and business plans, policy development and clinical service models;
• Lead and inspire an established team of nursing, medical, allied health and operations professionals, ensuring the workforce is aligned to the strategic direction of the health service;
• Ensure that all activities across the organisation are aligned to the values of NSW Health;
• Work closely with various stakeholders including FWLHD Board, NSW Ministry of Health, RFDS, academic and research partners, NGOs, community groups and government agencies to create sustainable patient outcomes;
• Foster a responsive, contemporary culture based around patient safety, total patient experience and the delivery of world class patient care.
We are ideally seeking an experienced hospital and health service leader with a track record of clinical operations leadership across a hospital, hospital network or health service, preferably but not necessarily, within a regional or rural setting. You may currently hold a DCO / COO / GM or equivalent role; we equally value applications from leaders looking to step up to their first DCO position. Critical to your success will be your ability to translate your experience into the context of FWLHD and shape the future direction of the organisation. You will demonstrate the capacity to work collaboratively across a complex organisational landscape and inspire your teams to set new standards in patient care. Natural communication, leadership and supervisory abilities are critical, as is a passion for sharing knowledge and skills.
This represents an exciting opportunity to help shape the vision of, and ultimately deliver, world class healthcare across this thriving and unique community. It also offers you the prospect of living in this picturesque region of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for.
For further information, please click on this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rpQsfSh7cX8bCijEuewEmT76XCDGKcxI/view to watch a short video presented by the CE, Mr Umit Agis, about the region, the organisation and the role and what you can expect in terms of support and development if successfully appointed.
Please CLICK HERE to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role which includes the detailed Role Description and details on how to apply.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service Senior Executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $213,716 to $237,346 per annum with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner Health – Derwent Search or Madison Milliner at email@example.com or call 02 9091 3266.
Applications close: Monday 15th November (11.59pm)
COVID-19 vaccination is now a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health employees. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status upon joining to support this recruitment process.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Director of Clinical Operations
|Job Title:||Director of Clinical Operations|
|Contact Name:||Rob Macmillan|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2021 11:16|
Director of Clinical Operations – HSSE Band 1
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's