Staff Specialist Public Health Physician
|Job Title:||Staff Specialist Public Health Physician|
|Contact Name:||Rob Macmillan|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2021 10:33|
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
High profile, district wide, public health leadership role
Location: Wollongong or across the District
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) extends south of Sydney, about 250km along this picturesque coastal strip, and provides world class health care to its community of more than 400,000 residents. ISLHD is one of the region’s largest employers with a workforce of more than 7,300 across eight hospital sites and more than 60 community health services, and an annual budget of approximately $1 billion. ISLHD has an experienced and established executive and leadership team and a commitment to delivering the very best health outcomes for the communities served.
The Public Health Unit (PHU) plays a critical role in public health education, prevention, preparation and response and its outstanding work and achievements in the past few years have been recognised at the highest levels. It is a cohesive and collegiate multi-disciplinary team. The PHU is now seeking an outstanding Public Health Physician for this newly created position. Working closely the PHU Director and team members, other LHD colleagues and the broader District Executive, the Public Health Physician will:
• Provide high quality specialty services in Public Health Medicine across the LHD;
• Provide expert advice and to the Director, PHU staff, the Chief Executive, the broader ISLHD community and partners, the public and media regarding public health matters and incidents;
• Lead initiatives on the prevention, preparation and response to infectious disease outbreaks, environmental health threats and public health emergencies; this person also has a regulatory role under the NSW Public Health Act 2010;
• Provide a strong focus on all aspects of the management and response required for COVID-19 controls and other public health concerns and outbreaks including surveillance, prevention, policy and practice, cluster and outbreak investigations, immunisation programs and systems approaches;
• Ensure a high standard of professional performance and foster an environment which supports education, research and professional development;
• Forge collegial relationships across a variety of stakeholders including PHNs, Health Protection NSW, local government, NGOs, academia and community partners;
• Model a responsive, future focused and contemporary culture which supports all staff to deliver true excellence.
We are seeking a Public Health Physician who is registered, or eligible for registration, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, and have Fellowship of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine. You will demonstrate a high standard of medical practice, with a commitment to health equity and the ability to respond to rapidly changing systems, evidence, issues and incidents. You will possess the capacity to work collaboratively across a multi-faceted organisational landscape and inspire your direct and indirect teams to set the highest standards in public health medicine. Critical to your success will be your strong communication and engagement skills and your track record of successfully forging powerful relationships with staff, stakeholders, and the broader community.
This represents a rare opportunity to support world class healthcare across this thriving and growing community. It also offers the prospect of living in the beautiful and picturesque coastal region of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for.
Please CLICK HERE https://www.derwentsearch.com.au/illawarra-shoalhaven-local-health-district to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role which includes the detailed Role Description and details on how to apply.
For a confidential discussion or if you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Rob Macmillan on 02 9091 3266 or email email@example.com quoting reference 28968.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Closing date: Sunday 14th November
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's