Executive Director Operations - HSSE Band 2
Southern NSW Local Health District
• High profile executive leadership role, reporting to the Chief Executive
• Outstanding opportunity to impact this geographically dispersed regional health service and the communities served
• Based from the picturesque Southern Tablelands, NSW
About the role
Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) delivers health care across an area of 44,534 square kilometres, from Goulburn and Crookwell to the Victorian border and surrounds the ACT on three sides. It extends from the beaches of the NSW South Coast, the farmlands of the Southern Tablelands, across the Great Dividing Range and the Snowy Mountains. SNSWLHD serves a permanent population of over 209,094 and is also responsible for providing sustainable healthcare to the 5 million tourists who visit the area annually. It has an annual budget of $470m, employs over 3,000 staff and delivers healthcare services across more than 20 facilities. SNSWLHD is led by an experienced Chief Executive (CE) and her leadership team who are now implementing a major restructure of the organisation. This has resulted in the need to appoint an Executive Director Operations (EDO).
Reporting to the CE, the EDO will:
• Provide strategic and operational advice to the CE, the executive team and the Board and act for the CE when required;
• Lead and direct operations for the district, through a direct team of 9 and a wider team of 2,200, across all hospitals and multi-purpose facilities as well as a range of other clinical and corporate services;
• Work in collaboration with the CE and executive team to lead the implementation of the 4-year financial plan;
• Lead and deliver $400m capital management and redevelopment programs across the district;
• Optimise clinical engagement and staff engagement supporting all staff to deliver true excellence;
• Work closely with SNSWLHD executive leadership team, NSW Ministry of Health, other LHDs, Aboriginal and community groups, local government and a diverse range of research, academic and NGO stakeholders, driving the development and delivery of strategic plans;
• Foster a responsive, contemporary culture based around patient safety, total patient experience and the delivery of world class patient care;
• Ensure that all activities across the organisation are aligned to the values of NSW Health.
We are ideally seeking an experienced hospital and health service executive leader with a track record of successful transformation across a significant scale hospital network or health service. You may currently hold an EDO / COO / Deputy CE or equivalent role; we equally value applications from executive leaders with experience across complex health systems who are looking to step up to their first EDO role. You will demonstrate the capacity to work collaboratively across a multi-faceted organisational landscape and inspire your teams to set new standards in patient care. You’ll possess strong financial skills and commercial acumen and be passionate about healthcare and its impact on the community. Critical to your success will be your strong communication and engagement skills and your track record of successfully forging powerful relationships with staff, stakeholders, and the broader community.
This represents a unique and exciting opportunity to help shape the vision of, and ultimately deliver, world class healthcare across this thriving and growing community. It also offers you the prospect of living in this picturesque region of NSW and becoming part of the friendly and community centred culture which the area is renowned for.
For further information, please click on this link https://youtu.be/ShVBq4L40YM to watch a short video presented by the CE, Margaret Bennett, about the region, the organisation and the role and what you can expect in terms of support and development if successfully appointed.
Please CLICK HERE to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role which includes the detailed Role Description and details on how to apply.
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 2, Health Service Senior Executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $282,858 to $318,303 per annum with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner Health – Derwent Search or Madison Milliner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9091 3266.
Applications close: Sunday 24th October (11.59pm)
COVID-19 vaccination is now a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health employees. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status upon joining to support this recruitment process.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Executive Director of Operations
|Job Title:||Executive Director of Operations|
|Job Published||6th October 2021|
Executive Director Operations - HSSE Band 2