UN Women’s approach is through partnership. Working in close consultation with community leaders and governments, UN Women collects and disseminates evidence to shape effective policies and programs.
UN Women Australia was established to support UN Women in its work by raising significant funds, as well as supporting advocacy goals. UN Women Australia seeks a transformational and inspirational Executive Director to take the organisation to the next level, in terms of influencing, public awareness of its objectives, advocacy and brand and, most importantly, creating a step change in national fundraising to achieve UN Women’s global goals.
Reporting to the Board, the Executive Director will set the organisation’s strategic direction and oversee, design, develop and execute all the operations of UN Women Australia, including corporate partnerships, events, advocacy, and fundraising, as well as managing significant stakeholder relationships ranging from the highest levels of the Australian Government to UN Women headquarters in New York.
- Committed to, passionate about and with demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the promotion of gender equality and leading advocacy campaigns.
- Demonstrated success leading change.
- Measurable results developing new strategic and corporate partnerships.
- Experience in operational and financial management.
- Demonstrated experience raising significant funds for an organisation.
- Substantial corporate and government networks including at the senior executive level.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain collaborative and productive relationships across a range of stakeholders.
Currently the position is based in the Canberra Head Office, however UN Women Australia are flexible on location for the right candidate.
Applying for this Role
Please contact Margot Faraci of Derwent Search on email@example.com for more information about the role quoting reference number #28543.
To apply for this position, please follow the links and submit a resume and cover letter addressing your motivation for the role and your most relevant achievements.
Applicants must have the valid authority to work in Australia.
20th July 2021