SCC are seeking to appoint the newly created role of Company Secretary and Legal Counsel to partner with the CEO, Board and Executive leadership team. In this collaborative and customer-focused culture, you will:
- Act as SCC’s chief governance officer and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 and the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission Act 2012; and provide advice to Board members on all aspects of relevant statutory requirements, as required;
- Collaborate with the Chair and CEO to develop, implement and manage all Board and SCC’s governance processes and systems (non-clinical);
- Assist the leadership team in the preparation of high-quality Board papers and management of Board documentation and communications;
- Develop and implement a Continuous Improvement Plan in relation to Board Governance;
- Collaborate with the leadership team in developing and maintaining processes to ensure compliance with consumer law, aged care legislation and other legal obligations;
- Review and advise on commercial contracts, property leases and redevelopment contracts;
- Advise on disputes, inquiries and investigations as required.
This represents a rare opportunity for the right individual to thrive in an environment of change and contribute to the development of this values-based organisation which truly impacts the communities it serves. It also offers family friendly working hours, a part time career option, 2 or 3 days per week, and a team culture which promotes diversity and equality.
To request further information or to apply, please email Rob Macmillan, Partner - Health, Derwent Search or Zoya Salah at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 28135.
To apply for this role you must not be a person who is disqualified from managing corporations under the Corps Act 2001 (Cth).