- Exciting opportunity to lead contemporary HR strategy, culture and transformation across this national organisation.
- Help deliver world class service and outcomes to the blind and low vision community.
Vision Australia was established over 150 years ago and is Australia’s leading provider of services to people who are blind or have low vision, supporting them to live the life they choose. It delivers services through 50 locations across all states and territories to more than 27,000 people and employs 800 staff, with a volunteer base of 3,000. The organisation has an annual revenue of $100m, derived from a combination of government funding, philanthropy, commercial interests as well as earnings from a significant investment portfolio.
Vision Australia is led by their CEO, the Board and an established executive team. It continues to build on its proud heritage, visionary thinking and innovative service models whilst constantly evolving to become a more commercially focused, “for purpose” business with increasingly diverse funding channels. It is now seeking an exceptionally talented Chief People Officer who will partner closely with the CEO and interact regularly with the Board and various Board Committees. Reporting to the CEO and as a key member of the executive leadership team, this person will:
- Lead all aspects of culture, strategic development, planning, performance and sustainability of Vision Australia’s workforce, both remunerated and volunteer;
- Deliver a people and culture strategy which is aligned to, and underpins, the strategic goals of Vision Australia and the changing employment environment;
- Develop and implement strategies and programs which fully support staff and the wider organisation, including workforce planning and analytics, talent management, learning and development, WHS, internal communications and IR;
- Develop and deliver strategies that drive blindness and low vision employment within Vision Australia towards 20%;
- Foster a workplace culture which is inclusive, agile, collaborative, accountable, engaged and ultimately supports staff to deliver excellence;
- Work closely with various stakeholders and partners, ensuring that Vision Australia continues to be a beacon of thought leadership in its sector;
- Ensure that all activities across Vision Australia are aligned to their values and mission.
To succeed in this role, you’ll possess a track record of HR executive leadership gained within a large, complex, customer focused, multi-site organisation. This experience may have been gained within the private or commercial sectors, whilst experience working within human services in your recent career would also be valuable. Critical to your success will be your demonstrable track record of leading agile, transformative cultural change across an organisation. You’ll be an outstanding communicator with excellent stakeholder skills and a natural ability to influence and engage at all levels.
This represents an exceptional opportunity for the right individual to positively impact the lives of people who are blind or have low vision. Please CLICK HERE (https://youtu.be/vshMsnvL9kc) to view a short video about the organisation and the role. To download the CPO Prospectus please CLICK HERE (https://www.derwentsearch.com.au/cpo-prospectus-2021).
For further information or to apply for this opportunity, please contact Rob Macmillan, Partner at Derwent Search or Zoya Salah on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 27994.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.
Applications close: Sunday 28th February.